Southwest VA Home Health Care, Inc. employs Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses. Among our professional staff are nurses certified in Gerontology & Chemotherapy Administration, Certified Wound Care Specialists and much more!
Our nurses assist the physician in developing an individualized plan of care that meets the patient’s specific needs.
Our nurses provide assessment, observation, management and monitoring of disease processes.
Services Provided Include:
- Administer Intravenous Medication
- Chemotherapy Administration
- Bladder Training Program
- Urostomy Care
- Diabetic Care
- Medication Management
- PICC Line Access and Maintenance
- Bowel Programs
- Patient & Caregiver Education
- Feeding Tubes – Nasogastric, Gastrostomy, Jejunostomy
- Hydration Therapy
- Injections – IM & SQ
- Insertion & Maintenance of Urinary Catheters
- Colostomy Care
- Fracture Care
- Central Line Access and Maintenance
- Intravenous Access
- Pain Management
- Pulse Oximeter Studies
- Home Safety Evaluations
“Specialized Programs” designed for individuals newly diagnosed with the following:
COPD • CHF • DIABETES • HTN
Certified Wound Care Specialists are available with advanced wound care techniques. Our nurses are certified with Level 1 Training in Vacuum Assisted Closure Techniques from Kinetic Concepts International.
- Specialty Absorptives
- Wound Fillers
- Transparent Films & Gauzes
- Zinc & Calamine Unna Boots
Physicians may order a “Wound Healing Dietary Analysis” by our Registered Dietician to assist in the wound healing process.