At Southwest VA Home Health Care, Inc., our nursing assistants have completed training programs that meet the requirements of Medicare, Medicaid and VA regulations.
Criminal Background checks are completed on each employee. Each individual is bonded and certified in CPR.
Written competency tests are completed upon hire and continuing education is provided each month. Practical skills evaluations are conducted annually.
Our nurse aides are supervised by a registered nurse and will provide assistance with the following activities of daily living:
- Bathing and personal hygiene
- Shaving and nail care
- Combing and shampooing hair
- Oral hygiene
- Dressing and undressing
- Light meal preparation
- Feeding assistance
- Limited medication assistance
- Routine vital signs
- External catheter care
- Physician ordered bowel and bladder programs
- Ambulation and transfers
- Exercises supervised by physical therapists
- Position changing of bed bound patients
- Light house cleaning in areas used by client
- Grocery shopping